- matutinal: of early morning. [< Latin matutinalis, of the morning.]
- diurnal: daily or by day. [< Latin diurnālis daily, < diēs day.]
- hemerine: of a day, daily. [< Greek hemera, day.]
- antemeridian: of the forenoon or morning. [< Latin ante merīdiem, before noon.]
- meridian: of noon or midday. [< Latin merīdiānus, relating to midday.]
- pomeridian: of the afternoon. [< Latin pōmerīdiānus, variant of postmerīdiānus.
- postmeridian: of the afternoon. [< Latin post, after, and meridies, midday.]
- vespertine: of the evening. [ < Latin vesper, evening.]
- crepuscular: of twilight. [ < Latin crepusculum, twilight.
- nocturnal: of the night. [
. nocturnalis, of the night.]