Caliology is for the Birds
- denidation: the shedding of the superficial layer of the uterus, such as occurs during menstruation.
- nidal: (1) of or relating to a nest. (2) of the lining of the uterus: exhibiting cyclical thickening in preparation for implantation of an ovum.
- nidamental: (1) of the nature of or serving as a nest. (2) serving as, or relating to, a receptacle for the ova of a marine invertebrate, especially a mollusc.
- nidary: a place for building nests.
- nidation: the cyclical proliferation of the endometrium in preparation for implantation of an ovum (or preceding menstruation).
- nide: a brood or nest of pheasants.
- nidicole: an animal which lives in the nest, burrow, etc., of another species.
- nidicolous: of an animal: living in the nest, burrow, etc. of another species.
- nidification: the action of nest-building (especially by birds).
- nidifuge: a nidifugous bird.
- nidifugous: of a young bird or (in later use also) other animal: well developed at birth or hatching and able to leave the nest almost immediately.
- nidify: (1) to make a nest or nests. (2) to colonize through the action of nesting.
- nidulate: to build a nest.
- nidus: (1) a medium or place suitable for the nurture of germinal elements, eggs, embryos, etc. (2) a collection or cluster of eggs. (3) a source, focus, or reservoir of infection. (4) a generative source, an origin; a place where some quality or principle is fostered. (5) a nucleus.